Title: The Beatrici
Author: Stefano Benni
Publisher: Feltrinelli
Collection: The Storytellers
Pages: 96
Release Date: January 26, 2011
Synopsis (from lafeltrinelli.it ):
Eight monologues for women. Saving Silverman A nun, a woman anxious and a career woman, an old shrew and an old dreamer, a restless young, adolescent cruelty and a female wolf. A continuum of angry insults, invective, spasms of love, bamboleggiamenti, rants, pompous judgments, alluring confidence, sexual delusions, dreamy whispers, struts deliberations. A "score" of voices, a unique work, including theater and narrative. Electric shock. In a monologue and the other six poems and two songs.Honestly? I can not wait. My itchy hands. I'm more in tights , as would the dear Lucianina. Because every book that I read about this writer is a breathtaking plunge into an uncharted sea. And I love to explore new waters to swim.
From this brief description, then easily deduce that it will be as memorable as all the other books I've read Benni. And those poems and songs between a monologue and the other merely massively increase my impatience: Benni's poems are something that you come across, once in a lifetime, and are not like you never expect them.
raging!
0 comments:
Post a Comment